Eamon says 'I love this salad. It's light, fresh and packed full of the vibrant flavours of summer, making it perfect for serving as an entrée, a side salad or even as a meal in itself. My favourite way to eat it is as part of a sharing tapas platter at summer BBQs and picnics.'
1tbsp Olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
125g good quality Chorizo, thinly sliced
2 Garlic cloves
1 Red onion
300g Calamari rings
1/2 cup White wine
1 cup cooked Peas, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup Mint leaves, torn
1tbsp Red wine vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medim heat.
2. Add the chorizo, garlic and onions. Cook for 3mins or until the onions are soft. Add the calamari and cook for 1min.
3. Add the wine, cook until evaporated by half. Stir in the peas. Cook for 1min.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the mint and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide into serving dishes and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with fresh, crusty bread.
Eamon Sullivan is an Australian restauranteur and Olympic Swimmer. This recipe is from the menu at his restaurant Bib & Tucker.