'Valrhona chocolate is one of our favourite chocolates. There are so many varieties and each tastes delicious and decadent in its own special way - think of it like wine tasting but with chocolate and you'll get the idea. A little goes a long way and, being good quality dark chcolate, it's full of iron too so in that aspect it's a guilt free treat but, if you are feeling partcicularly naughty, we recommend trying this Valrhona chocolate and praline spread. Served with delicious homemade scones or even on with breadsticks or on toast, there's nothing better.'
240g Double cream
120g Valrhona Dark chocolate
3 Egg yolks
60g Valrhona Praline paste
1. Put the sugar and water in a pan and bring to the boil.
2. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they are pale and fluffy.
3. When the egg yolks are pale and fluffy and the sugar has reached 121°C, gradually pour the sugar syrup over the egg yolks, whisking constantly to make a sabayon. Leave to cool slightly.
4. Melt the dark chocolate and semi-whip the double cream.
5. Once the sabayon has cooled slightly, mix in the melted dark chocolate and the praline paste.
6. To finish, fold in the semi-whipped cream. Delicious!
Anthony Marshall is the Executive Chef at The Hilton Hotel, Park Lane.