‘This cholesterol friendly chowder is delicious served hot or cold and makes the perfect light summer lunch. We love it with a glass of chilled white wine and a slice of fresh granary bread. Packed full of deliciously crunchy (and nutritional!) seeds, it provides the perfect contrast to the creamy chowder and the earthy sweetness of the seafood.’
5 Celery sticks, finely chopped
2 small Onions, finely chopped
2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
500g Cod (Note: remove the skin and chop into chunky bite-sized pieces)
1 Knorr Fish stock cube
200g Boiling water
160g King prawns
160g Mussels (Note: Remove most of the meat from the shells but keep a few inside them for garnish.)
270g Double cream
140g TOTAL Classic (5%) Greek Yoghurt
25 fresh Parsley leaves, finely chopped
4 sprigs of fresh Thyme
Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
1. Place a saucepan over a low heat and add half the butter. As the butter begins to melt, add the onion, garlic and cover with the lid. Cook for 10mins until soft, stirring regularly.
2. Heat the remaining butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. As it begins to sizzle, add the cod and leave to cook for 5mins.
3. Pour the boiling water and stock cube into a Pyrex measuring jug. Stir until dissolved.
4. Add the fish stock, fried cod, prawns, mussels, cream, Greek yoghurt and herbs to the saucepan, along with the softened vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and cover with the lid. Leave to simmer for 20mins, stirring regularly.
5. Serve hot. Garnish with some fresh parsley leaves and a few mussels in their shells.
'Salmon, cuttlefish and squid taste fantastic with this too.'