'These kebabs are absolutely delicious and perfect for a summer BBQ with friends and family. They’re quick and easy to make, super healthy and, best of all, they have all of the vibrant, smokey flavours of a traditional kebab but with a difference… these kebabs are packed full of beneficial nutrients, vitamins and are good for you. Count us in!’
Ingredients (Per Portion)
120g Chicken (chopped into 1 inch cubes)
2tsp Olive oil
Sprinkle of garlic powder
Sprinkle of onion salt
Freshly squeezed lemon juice - to taste
80g Cherry tomatoes
100g Mixed peppers (chopped into 1 inch squares)
80g Small white closed cup mushrooms
2tsp Gourmet Garden’s ‘Thai Spices’ paste
60g TOTAL Classic Greek Yoghurt
Fresh coriander, finely chopped
Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
1. Place the chicken, 1tsp olive oil, paprika, garlic powder and onion salt into a sealed freezer bag.
2. Seal the bag and shake/massage it to mix the ingredients inside.
3. Open the bag and add 1tsp olive oil, the tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and Thai spices paste. Tie and mix the ingredients inside the bag.
4. Place in the fridge to chill and marinade for 1hr (or overnight).
5. When you’re ready to make the kebabs, cut the halloumi into 1 inch cubes.
6. Skewer the ingredients onto kebab sticks. Remember to alternate the ingredients as you thread them. (Tip: If you’re using wooden kebab sticks, soak them in water before using them, then cover the exposed ends with aluminum foil to avoid burning.)
7. Cook the kebabs on the BBQ, turning regularly.
8. In a bowl, mix together the Greek yoghurt and fresh coriander. Then prepare the salad and cook the quinoa in a pan of boiling water.
9. When the quinoa has softened, strain the water and season the quinoa with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper.
10. Once the kebabs are cooked (but NOT burned), serve hot with the coriander yoghurt dip, quinoa and salad.